First-time parents often have a hard time understanding new-born care. Experts from Motherhood Chaitanya Hospital, which is also the best IVF centre in Chandigarh, recommend parents to seek professional help and advice. Additionally, we have a few tips below for your help.
- Understand if your baby needs special care. If you had a hard pregnancy, it is likely that your baby will need more care and attention that an average one. Talk to your doctor and consult a paediatrician at the earliest.
- Expect a lot of crying. Babies know no other way of communication. No matter whether the baby is hungry or it’s a wet nappy, you will know that the new-born needs attention, which is usually immediate.
- Make sure the baby is getting enough food. The best paediatricians and infertility specialist in Chandigarh from Motherhood Chaitanya Hospital recommend nursing mothers to watch on eating patterns. Weight is usually the best indicator in this regard. Usually for the first month, you can expect at least one/two stools a day.
- Babies can have dry skin. Doctors agree that babies can have dry skin, and it is completely normal. Usually, not much is to be done about it, but you can use a hypoallergenic lotion recommended by your doctor. Diaper rashes and small bumps on the skin can be common too.
- You must be careful about handling and hygiene. Change diapers as soon as you can, and make sure that you are handling the baby after washing hands. It is also very important that you don’t shake the new-born.
If you are trying to get pregnant and experience all of this, consult infertility specialist Chandigarh from Motherhood Chaitanya Hospital right away. This is the only hospital that is completely dedicated to maternity and childcare in the region, with facilities and treatments like IVF, NICU and more.
Leave a Reply