Are you going to be a mother soon? Take all the rest you can and know that bed rest during these nine months is more important than you think. Your body will be tired all the time and there is nothing better than lying down on your bed. Your pregnancy specialist doctor will advise you to rest as much as you can and take enough bed rest. Why so? Here are the answers: –
1. Due to slight bleeding and spotting during pregnancy sometimes. This is why a gynecologist will advise you to take bed rest so that the spotting is manageable. Once it stops, you can walk around and do a few chores too.
2. Blood pressure will fluctuate a lot when you are pregnant and you will need to limit the activities you do during this time. This is why you require bed rest as due to taking too much stress or doing excessive work, you may suffer from high blood pressure which can result in preeclampsia that is life threatening else low blood pressure that can you faint often.
3. Multiple pregnancyis another reason why you should take complete bed rest. If you are having twins or triplets, you need to take good amount of rest as you are carrying two babies. Your body will get extremely tired and you will have countless changes.
How is it beneficial?
With the help of proper bed rest, you can benefit a lot and make your pregnancy much easier. It will be beneficial for the baby and your health too.
– Bed rest will help your cervix stay free from pressure and keep your heart rate in control too. It also prevents from accumulation of fluids in the kidney.
– When you are resting or sleeping, you will not crave too much for the foods that are not good for you. This will save you from overeating or eating unhealthy foods that you might be wanting.
– Good bed rest advised by the best gynecologist in Chandigarh improves oxygen level in the baby.
Always get rest as much as you can during pregnancy for your health as well as your baby’s.
Leave a Reply