The process of childbirth can be quite tiring and take a toll on your health. If you are not careful afterwards, you may have several issues. It is important for mothers to take good care of their health once they have delivered the baby. Once you leave the hospital, here are a few things to do and be careful about.
- It takes about 2 months for recovery. Whether you have had a caesarean or a normal delivery, your body is exhausted. There will be bruising, swelling and sore muscles on your stomach and vagina. In normal birth, you may experience bleeding from your vagina for a few days for which you should wear a pad. Make sure it is soft and cotton.
- When you have gone through a C-section operation, it will take about 12 weeks to recover properly. Your abdominal stitches need care and you must take the medications advised by the doctor. In midst of all this, you also have to take care of your baby, so make sure you have a schedule. Visit your gynaecologist in case of any pain or bleeding.
- According to doctors, you will still have a quick bladder that means you will pee more than usual like when you were pregnant. It takes time for the bladder to get back to normal. Talk to pregnancy specialist doctor about how you can try a few exercises to recover quickly.
- Do not get back to your routine of walking, running or doing too many household chores. Your focus should be towards taking care of your health and the baby. Rest for a few weeks and slowly do everything. You don’t have to be too fast! Visit a maternity hospital for regular check-ups so you are aware about your health.
- Lastly, drink a lot of water and eat healthy food. These two things will help your body heal faster from all the wounds, bleeding and swelling. Do not diet too much or straight away jump to junk food for a few months.
These care tips will help you recover properly after your delivery.
Leave a Reply