Good sleep hygiene is said to help you have a healthier baby. But the problem is that sleep position during pregnancy is important. Most of the times, the best gynecologist in Chandigarh would tell you that sleeping on the left side with your knees bent is perfect. This actually helps in preventing any blood flow restrictions to the fetus.
But what about sleeping on the back? Well, you shouldn’t sleep on your back as this prevents the blood flow and compresses it which lowers the oxygen supply to the fetus. It is best to avoid sleeping on the back as it can also be quite uncomfortable after a few minutes.
Why is sleeping on the left side good?
- Sleeping on your left will relieve the pressure on blood vessels. This decreases blood flow restriction to you and your baby.
- If you find it uncomfortable to sleep through the night on your left side, you can talk to your gynecologist in Chandigarh about using pillows or certain wedges that can make your sleep comfortable. When you find yourself up in the morning or the middle of the night in another position, you can shift to your left side.
Other tips for a healthy pregnancy: –
- A good sleep pattern ensures an excellent routine, less tension, and healthy pregnancy.
- Eating a small meal, but after every few hours is a good idea. You can increase fluids in take-ups such as water and fresh juices. Other than this, avoid fried and spicy foods.
- When you get good sleep and eat well, you have fewer cramps at night and better energy in the morning. It also relieves you from nasal congestion.
- Lastly, avoid any alcohol, caffeine or heavy foods that can upset your stomach.
Following the right steps in your pregnancy can give you a healthy baby and life.
Leave a Reply